Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hello!

I've been contemplating starting a blog for a while now, and I think it's time. This blog will showcase the yummy vegan food I make, and hopefully inpsire vegans and non-vegans. You will all notice that my two dogs are like my babies, so you will see lots of cute pics of them :)
Let me introduce myself for those who don't know me:

My name is Karine, I am 27 years old, and I live in Montreal, Quebec. Andy (my husband) and I have been vegan for almost two years now. It all began when he was taking an animal and the law class at law school. We had no idea just how badly animals were treated, we were in total disbelief. We love animals, ALL animals not just "cute" animals lol. We have two toy poodles, Mitsou who is 15, and Nina who is going to be 6 in December.

We went from being vegetarian, to strict vegans. The transition was really hard for me at first because I was a big cheese eater! Andy was never a huge fan of dairy so it wasn't too hard for him. I basically had to learn how to cook all over again! It was quite challenging at first, but now I don't even think twice about it. I believe that anyone who really cares about animals can do this. My compassion for animals has really got me through all of this. It also helps if you like to cook :)

I really do enjoy cooking, I find it extremely rewarding, and I love making my husband happy :) I'm not really the type to invent recipes, but I do often modify them. My heros are Isa Moskowitz & Sarah Kramer. I really look up to these two wonderful women who have brought many smiles to the dinner table. How it all vegan, Vegan with a Vengeance, and Veganomicon are my bibles!! Veganomicon is pure genius, it explains all sorts of techniques, and talks about handy kitchen tools. I highly recommend all 3 of those books.

I will start posting pics of some of the food I've cooked in the past once I figure out how to.

Stay tuned for pics of yummy food.

Enjoy! And feel free to ask any questions

K

No comments: