Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanskgiving

This was my first thanksgiving dinner as a vegan wife (first year actually making the dinner because in the past we always went to my in-laws), and our second cruelty-free thanksgiving.

I decided to try something completely different, so I made seitan! I was always intimated by it, but found a great recipe for it in Veganomicon. So I made seitan cutlets with brown gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans. It was delicious! I can't believe how much seitan actually looks like meat.. it's a bit scary lol.



And here is the finished result (with Nina in the pic!) :



As for dessert, I haven't quite mastered the art of making pies! :( The filling tasted good, but the pastry was pretty pathetic. Apparently you aren't supposed to use a glass pan? Oops!


No comments: