Monday, January 26, 2009

Tofu-spinach ricotta lasagna

Andy has been gone for a week now and I've been cooking all my favorite things! (My favorite things happen to be the things Andy likes the least)

A couple of nights ago I decided to embark on a lasagna adventure.  It was my first time making and it took me about 2 hours.  It wasn't complicated at all, just a lot of different steps and ingredients.

The recipe was from Veganomicon.  It was seriously the BEST lasagna I have EVER had.. 

I made the mariana sauce from scratch, and the highlight of this dish was the cashew tofu ricotta filling.  It was soo good that I was eating the filling on its own :) It was sooo rich and creamy, just like ricotta!!

It was such a satisfying and filling meal.

Andy took the camera with him to Washington, so I'm afraid I won't be able to post pictures for the next little while :(




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have V-con. I must try this. And fast. Sounds Delish!!