Sunday, March 1, 2009

It's been a long time!

To my loyal readers,

Sorry I haven't been updating my blog :)

The truth is that I've been very lazy lol. My husband is still in Washington, and I haven't been cooking as much as I thought I would be.

I visited him in Washington a couple of weeks ago and it was great! We went to Sticky Fingers (a world famous vegan bakery in Washington, DC) and it was sooooooooo yummy! We had 6 different kinds of cupcakes. They were not cheap wow, they were selling them for $2.50 each, it was worth it, but expensive. And we had some sticky buns, DELICIOUS! We had them for breakfast on vday day :)

Here are some pics:



The highlight of the weekend was a visit to a farm sanctuary called Popular Springs. It was the first time visiting a sanctuary, and getting so close to farm animals! These animals were soo beautiful, friendly and CLEAN contrary to what a lot people think. My favorite were the pigs :) They were adorable, and they LOVED getting their bellies rubbed. Spending time there reminded me again why I'm vegan. It was really touching to be have an experience like that.







No comments: