Friday, August 28, 2009

Living the vegan life in Berkeley, California!

Hello my dear readers,

I can hardly believe it's the end of August, and last time I updated my blog was March!! That is very shameful of me lol.

I moved to Berkeley about a month ago, and let me tell you it is a vegan paradise! Being in the produce section of Berkeley Bowl (an amazing grocery store) is like being in a candy store. I have never seen some of this stuff, it truly is amazing. However, it does make shopping more difficult because there is so much to choose from. I was standing there for about 10 minutes trying to figure out which kinds of potatoes to buy! lol

Every dish I've been making tastes 100 times better than when I made it back home. Everything tastes for fresh and flavorful.

It has been a challenge cooking in a new kitchen, learning how to cook with my new stove,but it's working out pretty well! I have a gas stove for the first time, and food really does taste different. Sad news is that my food processor broke in transit, so I NEED to replace it. It will cost $100 to replace the parts, so it will have to wait a bit longer. I am slowly but surely replacing everything in my kitchen that I sold back home, it's been a big job! I do miss having a fully stocked kitchen :(

I will be off work for the next 3 months, so I promise to update my blog on a regular basis.

K

No comments: